Saturday, January 26, 2008

I know, I know...it's LONG overdue!!

First things first, I'm sorry! I know this post is SO long overdue and I so appreciate that many of you have checked our blog faithfully for updates. I'll I can say is that keeping up a blog during motherhood is harder than I expected, but I promise to try to do better!

Second, I am going to post many pictures of Mazzi today if time allows. It takes awhile for them to load and she isn't very patient while I'm working. She's napping now so if she stays asleep you might see many new pics!!

Third, for those of you who don't know him - the cute blonde in the previous photos with Mazzi is our nephew, Vance. He is my brother and sister-in-law, Aaron and Heather's son. He is the cutest and sweetest boy. He squeezes Mazzi's cheeks and says, "you're just a little sweetie."

Fourth, Mazzi update - she is doing so well. She had surgery on her extra toes on January 15th and was a super tropper! She never really cried at all, not when the nurses took her away or when she woke up. She's just one tough little cookie! She has never really acted like she's been in pain at all. The surgery went very well. Dr. Elwood removed her sixth toe from one foot because it was very undeveloped and removed the fifth toe from the other foot. He placed a wire in that foot to pull the sixth toe closer. The wire will be removed next week during her follow-up visit. It's just pulled out. Makes me cringe too but I just keep thinking she won't know it's going to happen. Mazzi is doing new things everyday it seems. Her latest trick is "SO BIG." And, she loves to wave - hi and bye. And, she's very smart she knows to only do it when seeing you for the first time or when you are leaving. It's adorable. Oh, and she's crawling non-stop! She gets faster and faster everyday and now will just follow us around the house. And, she pulls herself up to anything and everything. She can also walk behind and push her new riding toy that she got from Grandma and Grandpa for Christmas.

And last but not least, I'm pregnant. Yes, I'm pregnant. I know it came as quite a shock to us as well! I was really struggling with the idea at first to be honest. Just totally overwhelmed with the idea of another baby in the house. And, scared that Mazzi would be forced to grow up way too fast. But we are really coming around now and are getting very excited. I had my first sonogram on Thursday and everything looks really good. We saw the little peanut and could even see it's heartbeating. I'm 7 weeks and 6 days along today, due September 6th. Also, I'm back to work now. I returned this Monday. It was very hard but I'm surviving. And, the best part is I'm only working Monday, Wednesday and Friday which is perfect! Well, that's all for now. I promise to post again soon!

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Things are changing quickly at your house and they are all wonderful changes.

I'm so glad to hear that everything went well with Mazzi's surgery.

Hope to meet your family very soon.

Anonymous said...

A double blessing for your family. First getting Mazzi home and her bonding so quickly. Second a new baby in September. Isn't God amazing!!! It will be so nice for the two little ones to grow up together.
God bless each of you.
In Christian Love,
Mike & Vickey Lanan

Holly Herrera said...

I heard the wonderful news! That is just so wonderful! I am so excited for you both!

I am glad that Mazzi's surgery went so very well and that she is perfectly at home!

Hope to see you all very soon...lets think about March or April!

fifilaroach said...

You are so lucky to have such a beautiful family. Mazzi's face is so soulful, her eyes go straight to your heart. She is going to make your life very special indeed. Best wishes to you.
fifilaroach
http://www.cafepress.com/sugarbelleshop/1259002