Sunday, July 8, 2007

We have pre-approval (aka PA)!!! E-mail notification came Saturday at 1pm. This is very exciting news because the attorney will be taking this notification to PGN which is the FINAL step!!! Word from Katie at Journeys is that most cases take 2-4 months to get through PGN but she claims that most are closer to 2 months right now. The chat room that I participate in has rumors that someone got out of PGN in three days (I think it's an urban legend but it still brings me joy!). The chat room also says many have gotten through recently in 1 month so I'm extremely hopeful that we might get through before Mazzi is 5 months old. Our attorney in Guatemala told us during our first visit trip that 5 months is their record...they promised to try to beat that record...and it could still happen! Anyway, we can't get too excited because although it's the last step it can also be the most stressful because there is really no telling when it will happen and they may "kick us out" if any of our documents aren't to their liking which also occurs quite often. This could really slow things down and many sit in this step for months with NO word as to why. But, all that being said, it still is very possible that by August or September we could be BRINGING MAZZI HOME! Please continue to pray that things move quickly and that we don't hit any bumps in the road.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

THANKS FOR GIVING ME THIS WEB SITE IT IS SO EXCITING THAT YOU GUYS WILL BE PARENTS SOON. SHE IS SO CUTE AND YOU GUYS WILL BE GREAT PARENTS. IT MAKES ME FEEL SOOO OLD THAT MY LITTLE NEIGHBOR BOY JIT IS GONNA BE A DADDY. I AM SURE SHE WILL BE AS SWEET AS HE WAS. I WILL PASS THIS SITE ON TO ROBI I KNOW SHE WILL ENJOY IT ALSO. I WILL ASO CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR YOU TWO AND YOUR BABY.

Anonymous said...

Citrina Durst,
Hi I wanted to let you know I find myself on your website very often.
I've been following things ever since you wrote the web site down for me.
and I pray alot for you, and I cry alot for you.I'am very excited for you guys and I cant wait for you to have her here. I cant imagine your feelings of anticipations and I am sure God will have her in your arms very soon because he couldn't possibly find better parents for Mazzi.